http://nlvm.usu.edu/en/nav/frames_asid_201_g_3_t_2.html?open=instructions&from=grade_g_3.html
I will start with TPACK my favorite design since the begging of our class, TPACK became my way, my challenge, my thing to do, I am challenged now by teachers to incorporate educational word, pedagogy to make it fit in to the technology, to become TPACK, to be used in the classroom, to be part of the every day learning.
Option 2: Content Objects; Mathematical Manipulatives:
The National Library of Virtual Manipulatives which offer mathematical manipulatives. At first I start manipulating the site, looking for ways to teach special education students math. Come to find out the greatest tool for teaching high function special education students math! What an experience I had with this is not easy to describe on paper, it is funny to watch me learning about technology, I am a child in a candy store, as they say here in the USA.
I will design work required by the standards by starting with simple linear equations ending with a popular game ”Let’s make a Deal”, is a virtual way to teach students math, students can approach their thinking with those manipulatives in many different ways. I will structure work around it to allow students to play and draw conclusions. That is exactly what we would like to see! Learning simple equations is approached by placing numbers of blocks on each side of the scale then we can perform algebraic operations. Students will see that an operation will be performed on both sides of the scale. I want students to think of the two sides of an equation as balanced, by doing that to both sides yields another equation expressing the same equivalence, so both sides remain in balance. Students will solve the Equation, when they correctly represented it, they can then click the “continue” button, which shows the “add” option, but they can also click on other buttons to “subtract”, “multiply”, or “divide”. Require to do the same to both sides of the beam
The students also can use the mathematical manipulatives to teach themselves, I will encourage the title “math we like, math we can” to make their experience comprehendible, and encourage a high self-esteem, most are intimidate by math. They can pick a different level of math subject by using the back arrow, which can lead on many virtual manipulatives, they can use according to their grade norm or achieved level of knowledge. They can end with a game “Stick or Switch” which is an electronic version of the “Let’s Make a Deal” by Monty Hall. Behind one of the doors is a grand prize, the other two doors lead to some real losers. To play the game, click on a door, "Monty" then reveals what is behind one of the two doors that you didn't open, then given the option to stick with your original selection or switch to the other door.
Mathematical manipulatives are among the best representations of Math in the TPACK. Special Education students will learn equations; they will make the connection visually. Neither cutting papers nor bringing fruit making the connection with games, what a better game than technology, which by the way fascinates most if not all of them. Technology knocks, we are welcoming, and use in it. Fits perfect with pedagogical content and technology. Pedagogy comes from the Greek word “paithagogia” meaning child and lead. That is what we are doing literally, we are leading the child. I will develop conceptual knowledge and manage the content in pedagogical environment. The students with my assistance and prior knowledge will learn the content with technology. TPACK will be represented perfect with teaching strategies math content, and technology, making it easy for the students.
Molecules, an application for the iPhone, iPod touch, and now iPad that allows you to view three-dimensional renderings of molecules and manipulate them using your fingers. I chose this application because we are trying to place more and more iPads in the class room, the special education students learn rapidly and like the way ipad teaches them, of course not just special education student, I have fun teaching all teachers and itinerant teachers. We can rotate the molecules by moving our finger across the display, zoom in or out by using two-finger pinch gestures, or pan the molecule by moving two fingers across the screen at once. I will use this also to show them and explain to them what molecules are. I want to take their learning into multiple dimension, not just game playing.
Science 360: Immerses students in to the science, technology and math. There are the latest videos provided by scientists, colleges, universities, the National Science Foundation and more. We can place the video on our personal websites, blogs, and social network pages. I encourage everyone to experience, Science 360 and fit it into their TPACK. There are many stories and cutting-edge discoveries, big science of the day.
BrainPOP: Creates animated curricular content, engages students, educational resources (K-3) It is organized by the 7 means of subject areas. Search by using the search bar and you are lead right to the content you want. For example click on ants and will see the subject about the ants with pictures and videos, movies, plus interactive activities, whole class activities. View the movies with entire class. Teachers can tailor their assessments to meet all students’ needs. Activity pages can be printed out in advance to handout to the students, and share with their family.
Commonsense: I am ending with one of the best tools; I will use and make available to my students for every day reference on our subjects. Since I was looking for Math for this Play 4 I ended with mathematical manipulatives, not lucking to omit the commonsense which impressed me as much. Classrooms should have commonsense available to every classroom, available on a screen, for students to take turns and explore by themselves the daily subject. Families should have this available to their students and for themselves. They can find age appropriate movies, books, applications, shows, video games, websites, music and of course every grade curriculum. A library of more than 17,500 books, reviews by age and entertainment type are available.

No comments:
Post a Comment